Tony Galardo – EMA Director
162 West Thigpen Ave. Suite D
Lakeland, GA 31635
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Emergency Management
The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) focuses people, plans, and programs to promote a prepared and resilient County.
The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) coordinates the County’s response to natural and man-made disasters. OEM is responsible for emergency preparedness, coordination of response and recovery activities, and mitigation planning. OEM is the County’s liaison with local, state, and federal officials in all aspects of emergency management.
The Office of Emergency Management:
- Provides effective and orderly governmental control and coordination of the County’s emergency response to reduce the impact such events may have on Lanier County residents.
- Prepares and maintains the County’s comprehensive Emergency Response Plan providing emergency management planning for the entire County.
- Provides Lanier County residents, businesses, and non-profit organizations with emergency preparedness education and training necessary to reduce loss of life, minimize property damage, and protect the environment from emergencies and disasters regardless of cause.
- Serves as the liaison and coordinator of State/Federal financial assistance for municipalities and County residents following County declared disasters.
- Staffs and operates the Emergency Operations Center, which is the County’s command post during serious incidents and severe weather occurrences.
- Serves as the liaison to the Georgia Emergency Management Agency (GEMA) and other local emergency management agencies and organizations.
- Coordinates the activities of volunteer, public and private agencies in all phases of emergency management (Preparedness, Response, Recovery, and Mitigation).
- Develops plans and exercises, and coordinates emergency management training for Lanier County.
- Assures timely and adequate public warning of potential or imminent disaster events, and provides disaster-related safety information to the public and media.
- Assists Municipalities, County, State, and Federal officials and their respective constituents with disaster preparedness, response, mitigation, and recovery programs.
- Provides the public and media organizations with accurate and timely information regarding emergency management programs and issues in Lanier County.